5 Tips for Taking Back Your Shower
● By Family Features
If you’re like many busy women, you may have discovered that your shower is the only time you have to yourself each day, away from the stress and responsibilities of everyday life. Making the most of each shower will allow you to take the time to cleanse not only your body, but also your mind.
With these five simple tips, you can wash away your worries and make each shower an enjoyable escape.
- Start with a deep breath and clear your mind. Commit to leaving worries and stress at the shower door, and instead focus on positive, energizing thoughts. Envision a carefree weekend activity, or recall the sights and sounds of a soothing tropical getaway. Channel your attention on creating positive energy.
- Set the mood with the right music and lighting. If you shower in the morning, give yourself a burst of energy with upbeat music and a brightly lit room. Conversely, if you’re winding down the day, mellow tunes and dimmed lights will help slow your pace.
- Moisturize your skin from head to toe with a hydrating body wash that leaves skin feeling soft and radiant. One option, Softsoap Fresh & Glow Hydrating Shower Cream, is made with 100 percent real extracts sourced from milk, coconuts and almonds; the unique formula is proven to lock in long-lasting moisture.
- Though you may be tempted to let the steaming water soothe your skin and tired muscles, be wary of keeping the heat up too long. Excessive hot water can be harsh on your hair and skin, and strip skin of moisture. Opt instead for a lukewarm or slightly warmer temperature and finish with a cool blast to help seal pores and invigorate your spirit.
- Even if you’re short on time, commit to indulging in one pampering treatment each day, such as deep conditioning your hair or exfoliating tired skin. For smooth, healthy-looking skin that glows, consider Softsoap Fresh & Glow Exfoliating Fruit Polish. Packed with exfoliating apricot seeds and made with 100 percent real extracts sourced from kiwi and orange, it’s a quick and effective way to moisturize and refresh your skin.
With these few simple changes, you’ll be able to make the most of each shower, leaving you feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to tackle the day. For more information and ideas, visit www.Softsoap.com.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images