Holiday Flavor to Savor
● By Family Features
(Family Features) As the holiday season fills with party after party and spreads of delicious food, you’ll want to ensure that your meal leaves guests with a lasting impression. With artful seasoning and creative presentation, your dish can be the shining star of this year’s holiday festivities.
When entertaining a crowd of family and friends, plan your holiday spread around a centerpiece dish. A large-format entree such as a leg of lamb, whole fish or roast will not only look beautiful on the table, it will feed everyone at the party.
Tantalize taste buds with a dish that is filled with flavor by incorporating rich ingredients, such as capers and cornichon pickles, along with a few dashes of Tabasco Sauce to create unforgettable flavor with the perfect hint of heat. Friends and family will go back for seconds and thirds while toasting to the most delicious time of the year.
Find more tips and recipes to help create a memorable holiday meal at Tabasco.com.
Prime Rib Roast with Salsa Verde
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons cornichon pickles, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Green Jalapeno Sauce
Roast and potatoes:
- 1 boneless prime rib roast (6 pounds)
- 2 1/2 pounds red bliss potatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper, divided
- For salsa verde, blend all ingredients and puree until smooth. Adjust Tabasco Green Jalapeno Sauce as needed.
- For roast and potatoes, sit roast at room temperature 30-60 minutes.
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- In large roasting pan, add potatoes and drizzle with 3 tablespoons oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine. Place roasting rack on top of potatoes.
- Season roast with remaining salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add roast and cook 5-7 minutes, until golden brown on bottom. Turn roast and sear additional 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and place on roasting rack above potatoes.
- Place roasting pan in oven and roast 1 1/2-2 hours or until internal temperature is 125°F. Remove from oven and place roasting rack above cutting board; let roast rest at room temperature 20-30 minutes.
- Increase oven to 400°F.
- Gently toss potatoes to combine with meat drippings. Place in oven and roast 5-10 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- To serve, place potatoes on platter and thinly slice roast. Serve with salsa verde on the side.