5 Tips to Bond with Your Dog this Fall
By Family Features
Dogs are up for anything. They’re your “pawtners” in crime, ready to take on new activities or just the standard walk down the street. Every activity is more fun with a four-legged best friend by your side. As fall settles in, it’s a perfect time to try out new adventures. Here are five things you can do this fall with your dog.
- Picnic in the park. Enjoy those last few days where the warm breeze lingers and head to the park. Bring along a blanket, snacks and a ball for your pup and take in the fresh air. For an extra special treat, pack a CESAR HOME DELIGHTS that your pup can enjoy during an activity break.
- Hit the pavement. Cooler temperatures and changing scenery make for a perfect workout backdrop. Get a workout in for both you and your pup by running or walking a new trail or park. Looking for a motivation boost? Sign up for a 5K race and commit to reaching a new goal.
- Make mealtime memorable. Change up mealtime by picking a CESAR HOME DELIGHTS recipe like Meat Lasagna or Pot Roast with Spring Vegetables for your dog, and make the human version of it for yourself. The CESAR brand offers a variety of irresistible flavors, and what better way to enjoy fall comfort food favorites than with your dog by your side. Find more at cesar.com.
- Snuggle up with a good book. A rainy day is the perfect time to lay back and relax. Open a good book and read aloud to your canine friend. Science has shown dogs respond to human voices the same way humans do, so reading in a calm, soothing voice will likely lull your pup, and possibly you, to sleep.
- Learn a new trick. With new seasons come new skills. Check out free “how-to” events in your community or sign up for a class you’ve always been interested in. While you’re sharpening your own skills, strengthen your bond with your dog and teach him a new trick, like how to fetch.